'88-Current Honda CRF50 CRF70 XR50 XR70 & Z50
This kit is the complete kit to convert your stock motor into a powerful open class 108cc engine (much more powerful than the common Chinese 107 and 125cc engines). Also, this crank was made specifically for the newer engines and thus, you will not have any fitment issues like trimming the piston skirts in order to clear the crank or the piston not lining up with the cylinder deck. The kit includes the following parts:
- 51mm Crankshaft with NTN bearings
- High compression piston with rings, pin, & clips
- NEW Race Head – Larger valves (now 25/22mm) and better flow for increased performance. Also has bigger cooling fins. Includes all necessary parts and comes assembled!
- Lightweight aluminum cylinder with steel sleeve, cast in mounts for skid plates, and larger cooling fins.
- High performance race camshaft
- NEW Genuine Mikuni VM26mm Performance Carb
- Intake Kit
- Jet kit with 3 different sizes (Stock size is a #195 - Extra jets sizes of 155, 165 & 175)
- Throttle Cable
- NEW Dual Layered Foam Air Filter
- Crankcase and clutch cover gaskets
- Head gasket kit
This kit requires engine disassembly and therefore, we highly recommend a professional technician install this kit. If you plan on doing it yourself, you will need to have a Clymer or Honda shop manual. Instructions do not come with the kits but the installation of the crankshaft is just like installing a stock Honda crankshaft. You should also have the following parts:
- High volume oil pump
- Oil Cooler
- CR8HSA spark plug (not required, but recommended)
- If you purchased one of our Manual Clutch Kits prior to 6/30/05, will recommend purchasing the Upgrade Disk Kit that we have available. Additionally, we do not recommend the use of an inner rotor kit with this clutch (on a 108cc or larger engine) as it can lead to premature clutch failure due to extra fatigue placed on the clutch housing. However, we offer an upgrade which allows use of inner rotor kits and larger displacement engines - Please see the Billet Housing upgrade we have available for more details. Also, do not tighten the clutch nut with a hammer and screw driver - it must be torqued on!