- The Dunlop Geomax® MX3S™ tire is the result of intense R&D testing. Building upon the achievements of its predecessors (including the popular MX31), the MX 3S is poised to continue Dunlop’s repeated success. It has already been proven over and over again in supercross and motocross. Now it’s ready to be proven by every rider.
- After years of refinement, the Geomax MX3S has been modified to the ideal condition for consumer use. What does this mean for you? Do you love to hit the trails for a weekend of fun? Do you enjoy hitting the track whenever you can? Regardless of your riding style, you’ll find that MX3S tires offer premium grip in soft-to-intermediate terrain. And here’s the best part: It comes at a price that anyone with a dirt bike can afford. (And to be quite honest, the MX 3S tire is so versatile that you might be surprised at how well it handles on hard terrain as well.)
- Much of Dunlop’s MX3S success has to do with the patented block-within-a-block technology utilized on the rear tire. This revolutionary design allows the tire to grip where other motorcycle tires merely slide, providing incredible traction around turns. Dunlop calls this Progressive Cornering Block Technology (PCBT).
- The MX3S tires also sport Dunlop’s enhanced Carcass Tension Control System (CTCS). The carcass has been refined to be more flexible and predictable. This is particularly improved with strategically placed recesses along the rear tire’s carcass. Traction is of little use if a rider can’t reliably predict how a tire will respond. That’s why the MX3S tire excels so impressively.
- Everything about the MX3S leads to better performance, from small variations in the tire’s knobs to their distribution across the tire. It grips phenomenally. It provides a strikingly reliable contact patch. And it works hand-in-hand with your suspension. Take a look at some of the impressive stats for each tire:
REAR DUNLOP GEOMAX MX3S TECHNOLOGY:
- Progressive Cornering Block Technology (PCBT): This is a Dunlop-patented block-within-a-block design that offers more progressive cornering action and aids in slide control.
- Enhanced Carcass Tension Control System (CTCS): Tuned carcass flexibility from recesses placed strategically along the tire carcass helps smooth ride characteristics and allows the motorcycle to follow a line more accurately.
- Controlled-rebound Rubber Element in the Sidewall: This construction helps to damp out bounce, acting as a suspension component within the tire so that it can better follow the track surface.
- Multiple Block Distribution: By varying the pitches and angles of the tire blocks, fewer blocks are needed in the center area, and this enhances contact feel.
- Elimination of Tie-bar Design: Because the MX3S is intended for use in soft-to-intermediate terrain, the tie bars have been eliminated to reduce the resistance toward bending within blocks. This enhances contact feel and performance in sandy and muddy conditions.
FRONT DUNLOP GEOMAX MX3S TECHNOLOGY:
- New Directional Tread Pattern: This offers great traction and steering feel for a wide range of riders who have differing riding styles.
- Enhanced Carcass Tension Control System (CTCS): Tuned carcass flexibility offers enhanced feel and steering accuracy.
- Staggered Middle Blocks: Alternating mid-shoulder knobs in the MX3S have been angled differently and are sized differently to add side grip and promote light, responsive steering while being less prone to grabbing in ruts.
- Elimination of Tie-bar Design: The tie bars have been eliminated to reduce the resistance toward bending within blocks. This enhances steering feel and promotes stability in muddy conditions.
- Chiseled Shoulder Block: Derived from the Geomax MX31, this chiseled block shape penetrates the surface to enhance side grip.
- Newly Improved Knob Placement and Angling: This reduces knob stress.