117cc Stroker Bore Kit #4 - TB Parts - TBW0974 - '88-11 Honda CRF XR Z 50 and 70
Stroker Kit 4
This is an affordable kit that will convert your TB 88cc Race Head kit into a powerful open class 117cc engine with tons of torque!
- 51mm Crankshaft with NTN bearings
- High compression piston with rings, pin, & clips
- Lightweight 54mm aluminum cylinder with steel sleeve, cast in mounts for skid plates, and larger cooling fins.
- Crankcase and clutch cover gaskets
- Head gasket kit
As with all 117cc kits on the market, installation requires engine disassembly and case boring. Therefore, we highly recommend a professional technician install this kit and the cases bored by a reputable machine shop. If you plan on installing the kit yourself, you will need to have a Clymer or Honda shop manual. Instructions do not come with the kits but the installation of the crankshaft is just like installing a stock Honda crankshaft and both manuals cover this.
You should also have the following parts:
- High volume oil pump
- Oil Cooler
- CR8HSA spark plug (not required, but recommended)
- If you purchased one of our Manual Clutch Kits prior to 6/30/05, will recommend purchasing the Upgrade Disk Kit that we have available. Additionally, we do not recommend the use of an inner rotor kit with this clutch (on a 108cc or larger engine) as it can lead to premature clutch failure due to extra fatigue placed on the clutch housing. However, we offer an upgrade which allows use of inner rotor kits and larger displacement engines - Please see the Billet Housing upgrade we have available. Also, do not tighten the clutch nut with a hammer and screw driver - it must be torqued on!